5 Tips for Picking the Right Offer For Your Home Sale
Having a plan when reviewing offers is an important part of selling your home. You have cleaned and organized your home, picked a great team, like Steve and Crystal with HomeSmart, to properly market and sell it, and have priced it right! Before you know it an offer or offers are coming through the door. Whats next? How do you know that you are picking the best home buyer? These steps will help you get through it:
1. All offers are completely negotiable! When you receive an offer you have three choices. You can accept it, as is. You can reject it. Or you can counter the terms of the offer.
2. Decide what’s most important to you. If getting your price is most important, make sure that you are open to compromising on other terms such as the close of escrow date. If the most important thing is that you close by a certain date, you may want to review the buyers qualifications to buy the home and consider how much they are putting down, is it a cash offer, what are their FICO scores, do they have to sell another home to buy this one? These are all things that can affect the ability to close escrow on time.
3. Don’t take the offers personally…this is a business transaction. We understand that you feel like your home is the best home out there and that you want to get the most money possible, but try to think like a buyer. They also love your home and are try to negotiate the best price possible. Don’t be offended if a low offer comes in…leave it to Steve and Crystal to negotiate.
4. Review Every Term! Its important to review all of the terms of the agreement. Price is important…but so are other things.
5. Be creative and compromise. If the offer isn’t acceptable to you, go through it and determine what’s most important to you and most important to the buyer and try to meet half way. The key to negotiating a successful sale is to remain flexible. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
If you are considering selling your home, please call Steve and Crystal at 661-255-5257